Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Thanks for the votes!!!

Well, much to my delight, the Strange Maine blog won "BEST BLOG" in the Portland Phoenix's Best of Portland annual awards. Yippee! All within one week, I was interviewed on WMPG, and then honored by this big fat kudo. Excitement! So thank you, thank you, thank you, all you readers out there who took the time to vote, and thank you to all of you who didn't even know who we were but voted for us because you liked our name (I can guarantee there are at least a few of you out there).

I would also like to thank Wil Whalen over at Where There's Wil, There's Always a Way, who won last year's Best Blog of Portland, for so graciously mentioning that there's a tiara involved. Who knew?! I'm wearing it now. Sure, it's invisible, but *I* know it's there. (ha, you're all thinking, "Michelle in a tiara?!" Truth is stranger than fiction, always!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, congratulations. Well deserved. Enjoy the tiara, but don't forget to take it off at airport security and such.

Corey Templeton said...

Congrats and keep up the good work!

Michelle Souliere said...

Thanks Corey! :)

And Mark... I know, those things are dangerous, right? All the pointy bits. One headbutt, and...

downeast misanthrope said...

Congrats! I still read this regularly, even if I don't post comments that often.

Michelle Souliere said...

DM-- Excellent! I like having lurkers. Thanks for saying "Hi!" ... was wondering if you were around still. :)