Monday, August 14, 2006

Zombie Kickball-- It Really Happened!


Well you guys, a lot of us here in Portland missed going to the grass roots Zombie Kickball event on the Eastern Prom earlier this summer for various reasons. However, we are in luck, because the zombie did not fall in a forest, alone. The zombie fell and was recorded on video!!!

Yes, it's true. Thanks to Jill Dalton over at MECA who tipped me off -- here is the video on YouTube (click on image above to activate link).

While the lighting issues in the introductory part of the film were kind of a bummer, once you hit the open air of the Eastern Prom kickball field, everything becomes plain to see. Some sharp editing and an excellent cast of zombie characters who showed up on a sunny Sunday afternoon made this into an exciting and often hilarious event.

Too bad I missed it! If I was a proper zombie I could yank off my leg and kick myself. I mean, what was I thinking? I LOVE kickball, and I have long loved zombies. For those of you who are in the same boat as me, never fear!!! It sounds like the crew that instigated this rotten romp are planning to make it an annual event. ROCK ON!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice photoset from the Zombie Kickball event on Somira's Flickr page here:

www.flickr.com/photos/ssao/sets/
72157594154117277/

Start getting ready for ZKII Memorial Day Weekend 2007