Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Strange lights in Pittsfield

Found this over on UFOstalker.com, and it sounds to me like a meteor shower (or debris falling), but I thought I'd post it, as strange lights are strange lights no matter what they are! Here is the entry:
Case ID: 11674
Log Number: US-07222008-0007
Submitted Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 02:16:27 GMT
Event Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 05:16:00 GMT
Status: Submitted
City: Pittsfield
Region: Maine
Country: US
Longitude: -69.43769836425781
Latitude: 44.78129959106445
Shape: Circle,Star-like,Triangle
Distance: Unknown
Visibility: Clear

Description:
Sunday morning in Pittsfield Maine July 20, 2008 there was a full moon and the sky was clear. Me and my 2 daughters were sitting outside at 1:16am talking and we looked up at the moon and we saw a very bright light that was moving very fast and then just disappeared (this was not a shooting star). As we continued to look up at the sky we saw more unexplainable bright lights one after another they happened within 10-15 minutes of each other. The bright lights would just appear for about 5 seconds then split in half then disappear there was no reasonable explanation for what had happened we had never seen anything like it before.

The last one that me and my 2 daughters saw was around 3am and it flew right over us from North West to South East over the house and past the trees then we could not see it anymore. This time the light didn't disappear after 5 seconds it just continued to fly across the sky very fast. My daughter noticed that the object had 3 points that lit up like a triangle. You could not hear a sound/noise coming from the object it was very quiet. Over the 2 hour span of time we saw about 7-8 bright bright lights that would appear out of no where flying very fast in the sky then split in half after 5 seconds then disappear.

Both my daughters went back inside to go to bed and I was out side drinking a coffee and smoking a cigarette and around 4am it was starting to get light out there was no stars in the sky and I was outside alone loading my boat on to my truck to go fishing with my son and I saw another bright light in the sky then it split in half then disappeared.
[Source]

3 comments:

Erica said...

Hi Michelle, Chris, et al!
I love your blog!
I never know what to expect next!
Just wanted you to know I nominated you for this Kreativ Blog award. (See it on
www.bitsofmyown.com).

As part of the rules I am supposed to notify you.
If you want to play along, you should post the picture on your blog, nominate 5 blogs that inspire you, and notify their owners.
Erica

Dawn Fortune said...

why are UFOs never seen by people with a command of the English language? Sheesh!

Dawn Fortune said...

The strange doings could have something to do with the egg festival, too. It's about that time of the year up there.