Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Pine Tree State Mutant Turtles

The Trusty Plinko Stick blog has a funny little post up that involves a few of my Maine favorites:
  • The now-defunct but much-loved Moonshadow Comics of Portland

  • The Maine-born weirdness that is the world of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles


  • Back in the day, Bill of the Plinko Stick used to get his comics via mailorder from Moonshadow in Portland.
    Sure, I got my issues of Captain America, Marvel Age, and some of the other books I considered essential, but the rest were odd. I should have been reading the first issue of the Howard the Duck movie adaptation, but instead I had this dumb book a lady with clocks on her boobs, a grey, Peter Porker-looking barbarian, and four ninja turtles.
    [Source]
    For more info on Maine-born Kevin Eastman, co-creator of the Turtles, you can dig around online, or check the Wiki on him here. There is conflicting information on his birthplace, with Wikipedia stating Springvale, and the TMNT25.com site claiming Portland. At any rate, there's no doubt he's a Mainer!

    No comments: