Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Real life superheroes?

Some of you may remember when Lewiston had two very real vigilante superheroes at large, namely Dreizehn and Slapjack. I posted about it back in September 2010, mentioning a June 2010 article in the Lewiston Daily Sun where they were interviewed: http://strangemaine.blogspot.com/2010/09/maines-cloaked-crusaders.html

While there is no mention of Maine real life superheroes in the news lately that I've seen, I have received a request from Nadia, who is a student at the Salt Documentary Institute. She is interested in interviewing any other Maine superheroes for a project she is working on. Here is a message from her to the Maine superhero community at large:
I (Nadia) am a radio documentary student at the Salt Institute of Documentary Studies in Portland, Maine and am interested in doing a story on a Real Life Superhero in Maine. If any RLSH would be interested in speaking to me or suggest any other Real Life Superheroes I should contact, I'd be most grateful!

My contact info is:
salt.documentary@gmail.com
(207) 699-2918 [student phone line]
If anyone would be interested in adding their voice to a documentary record of the Maine superhero scene, or in giving Nadia any hints as to where else she can look for activity, please do contact her. Thank you!

3 comments:

John R. Platt said...

I don't think there are any active in Maine right now. This is the best place to find them: http://www.worldsuperheroregistry.com/world_superhero_registry_gallery.htm

Anonymous said...

im a real life superhero in lewiston maine. search DarkOwl RLSH on facebook if you want to talk.

Anonymous said...

Space Cadet, lake region area, reporting for duty.