Monday, August 23, 2021

Bigfoot in Maine update, and ... next up - ghosts!

 Hi everyone!

Rare quick trip to OOB in early August!

I've been working 6 days a week running my shop, working overtime across the board like so many of the rest of us in this seasonal economy, fielding the waves of tourists that come to Maine for safe harbor.  I have somehow been squeezing in interviews where I can, either with reporters and podcasters about Bigfoot in Maine, or with eyewitnesses themselves for volume 2.  

I must say that I am very much looking forward to autumn's approach when things slow down and I can get back out in the field again, not to mention find time to think, research and write about all things Maine.

In the background, at the same time, I am pondering the next project that I've been piecing together for some time now, which I've been looking forward to (before volume 2 of Bigfoot in Maine began demanding to be heard).  And that is... ghost stories!  

When I wrote Strange Maine, I minimized the amount of spooks in the book (although there are a few) because at the time I thought Maine had some good ghost story books already out there for folks to choose from.  But the more I've dug around, and the more people I've talked to, the more I've realized that Maine really has a lot more little spooky bits that haven't been recorded for posterity yet.

So... if you have odd or eerie experiences or things that you've encountered while here in Maine, be it in an old farmhouse or a downtown apartment, fifty years ago or just last year, do drop me a line, and we can talk about what happened.  You can always find me at michelle.souliere@gmail.com -- don't hesitate to contact me, I'd love to hear about your own Maine ghost story.

In the meantime, please enjoy this little interview feature that WCSH's 207 show did with me earlier this summer!  Big thanks to Amanda Hill and Kirk Cratty for making it a fun and memorable experience.

https://www.newscentermaine.com/article/news/local/207/207-interview/is-there-a-bigfoot-population-in-maine/97-ee58c047-154d-4349-ad5e-3ca2b2564941

And, if you like to look at Bigfoot's possible existence from a more quirky viewpoint, here's a lighthearted take on the matter from an interview I did with John Mitchell from NECN:

https://www.necn.com/on-air/as-seen-on/is-bigfoot-in-maine/2537474/ 

Stay tuned for my interview with the charming Paul Bestall from the UK podcast Mysteries and Monsters, and the new Dirty Lew podcast outta Lewiston.  Mixing it up a little, trying to reach a local audience and the greater world at large.  I did get to talk to Howard Hughes of The Unexplained live on UK radio last month too, sad it didn't make it into his podcast, but it was still really cool, since I've listened to his podcast for years!  Very surreal to have his familiar voice asking me questions instead of just listening to him ask someone else.  Heh!

 Thanks for all your support, everyone!  I hope to bring you many more intriguing Maine stories in the future, once my dang workweek is not so completely bonkers!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I heard your interview on the Unexplained and thought you were terrific. My mind was blown by the girl and her Sasquatch friend. Seems like this should be a bigger story. Going to read your article now. Thanks! Charlie in New Mexico.

Michelle Souliere said...

Thank you Charlie! :D Howard is so fun to talk with. Yes, Suzy's story is remarkable! Thank you for checking in, and I hope you get a chance to read my book. :)