Monday, February 05, 2007

A Quiet Evening of Deer Wrestling

I caught this at From Belfast Common:
CAMBRIDGE — One minute Matthew Cunningham was watching his wife clean the family’s large fish tank in their home on Route 150 in this small Somerset County town Thursday evening. The next minute he was wrestling with a deer.

An approximately 100-pound doe jumped through the family’s parlor window, trotted through the dining room and entered the office where Cunningham, 26, his wife, Lori, 30, and their son, Zeke, 4, were standing.

"I heard a large amount of breaking glass and I was trying to figure out what did that, and the next thing I know, he [Matthew] has a deer in his arms," Lori Cunningham said, recalling the incident that happened around 5:30 p.m.

It all happened so fast that Matthew Cunningham didn’t have time to think. "I just kind of muckled onto him and pushed him into the bathroom," he said.

Zeke, who was excited, couldn’t understand why Santa would send a "reindeer" to his house, Lori Cunningham said. "Why did he come in our house? It’s not Christmas," he said to her while the deer was in the bathroom. [Source]

2 comments:

Michelle Souliere said...

I'm not going to be done laughing for a while, so I'm going to type this now. Hahahahaahaaa!!!

P.S. Anyone who uses the phrase "muckle onto" (a personal favorite of mine) gets an extra 500 points in my book.

chuckrates said...

Gives new meaning to the term "Deer John." Ha!

http://tongue-cheek.blogspot.com